Current legislation recommends that the actuarial activity should be validated by other actuaries who did not participate in the preparation of assessments. Thus the role of the appointed actuary as independent and external is quite significant.
Through our own methodologies and tools we validate the work of the actuarial function with all the rigor and independence.
The actuaries who are part of the technical staff of Actuariado have the necessary training to carry out the function of “appointed actuary”, of life or non-life insurers and of pension funds. This activity is officially exercised in the life and non-life business and in several pension funds.
- Actuarial assessment of technical provisions insurance portfolios in non-life and life
- Independent actuarial assessments of technical provisions for insurers and audit companies
- Calculations and/or validation of best estimate liability (BEL) in accordance with the solvency II directive
- Calculations and/or validation of the solvency capital requirement (SCR) in accordance with the solvency II directive
- Optimization of reinsurance plans
- Outline of pension plans
- Assessment of liability with pension plans and funds
- Liability management
- Assessment of asset liability management
- Presentation of results in accounting records in accordance with national and international directives.
Traditionally Actuariado has collaborated in the preparation of dossiers regarding the request for authorization to incorporate life and non-life insurance companies.
Economic rating of insurance companies has been carried out for the purposes deemed necessary by its shareholders or by those interested in purchasing it. The assessment of liabilities in this activity is thus of great importance due to the weight they represent in the balance sheets. Thus the technical provisions must be assessed rigorously in accordance with actuarial techniques.
Several sustainability studies of the various social security schemes and their impact on public accounts, particularly in Portugal, Mozambique and Cape Verde, were carried out.
In order to ensure the highest standards in the quality of technical work, Actuariado has partnerships with universities for works meriting research in the fields of economics, statistics, demographic Studies, social security and information technology.